Do you love science and have an interest in filmmaking?
Use the power of film to explain a STEM concept you have recently learnt about, tell a story about how science affects you life, or show how science can solve real-world problems!
• Films selected for screening must be HD – 1920×1080 and/or 2K and/or 4K and provided as a downloadable file via Dropbox, WeTransfer or Vimeo, no later than 14 days after official selection.
• Film submissions must be accompanied by 2 (or more) high resolution still images from the film
• All films with dialogue must be in English, English narrated or subtitled in English
• Films must be completed after 1 September 2019
• They must not contain scenes of graphic violence, nudity or extreme coarse language (they must be accessible to a general audience)
• You must own the rights (or be in the process of negotiating the rights) to any music used in the film.
The winning film, as well as our curated favourite entries, are screened to thousands of people across the country.
The winning filmmaker will also walk away with an Instagram-worthy SCINEMA trophy!
• How many – students can submit as many films as they like!
• The producer, director, and the camera operator (as well as all key decisions made) must be aged 17 years and younger but the film can be written by, and include a cast of any age
• The help of an adult or professional for services such as music, editing, VFX, and post-production, can be enlisted.